Case: # 2014-14
Location: MacPhearson House, Napanee, Ontario
Macpherson House, "The Jewel of Napanee," was built in 1826, and was the first private home built on the north shore of the Napanee River. It was the residence of Allan Macpherson,
one of the most entrepreneurial and civic-minded citizens of early Napanee, with a finger in just about every pie. He operated the gristmill, owned the saw mills, distillery, general store,
aside from also being post master, magistrate, Major of the Lennox Militia, Crown Land Agent, pioneer of the printing press, supported the building of a school and establisher of the
Agricultural Society. That is still not to mention his involvement in building the toll road and rail line and the helping several denominations secure land to build churches.
Napanee has inherited a treasure and, thanks to the generosity and hard work of its local supporters, both the house and park have been preserved to become a living legacy of pioneer life.
Once run down and unrecognisable, the house has been rescued and lovingly restored by volunteers who put their heart and souls into its restoration to make the house look as it did in the 1830’s.
Another investigation with COPS, actually we were invited by them to come do the building before the land control moved over. Darren from COPS had devices set and we contributed the DVR and video. There were a number of points where the EMF detector was going quite aggressive. The trigger device did also go off. Oddly the loudest event was the noise of ducks quacking. Really strange. Next room 3 wooden ducks on the floor. No idea. It did sound as if they were in the building and we did try and recreate inside and out. However no solid evidence as provided by our team COPS did have some of their own.
HAPS did not get the same result as COPS so this is marked as inconclusive